Monday, April 27, 2009

paper thin walls.

ahh what a week. the sun has been cleansing my existense these past couple days, it is dreamlike. I have been feeling very inspired to get my foot into some musical project. i raised my brow when i saw these guys. remarkable really, the kid in the video sitting on the ground is my brother from another mother, when he first moved in and around these parts i really couldnt stand listening to any noise he made anymore. my intolerance was unecessary. Pons, or i think as of recently losing a battle to a band with the same name, the call themselves 'Pussy Ornate Natural State'


                                               
(my first video edit.)

this show was really alot of fun, i am really intrigued by the indie-esque 'sub-culture' being built up in basements of houses all over broadripple, indiana. I have seen some really good talent, honestly the best talent I have seen in the indianapolis area has come into my ears while standing in the basement of a 3 dollar house show. There is a social evolution happening in music, apperent here in indianapolis, and even more apparent with my time spent in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I love that my brother Jacob has taken part. ;-]





also before moving on, i just want to state, that i caught pons biggest fan in that video. " I LOVE PONS, I LOVE YOU ANDY."  big giggles.
___________________________________________________________

i also went and caught my favorite live performance this past weekend in South Bend. It was good to get to my baptism and soak it all up. I wait completely impatiently for the next time i am graced by an Umphreys Mcgee jam session. Its like melting butter for your ears, its like tickling your eyes with every color in the crayon box, and it builds you up to explode your heart. i love the teasing that happens when i go see these guys play their music.

                                                                       

things are looking interesting for the summer. i am constantly building up steam to spout off into the world.  I must confess I wonder how far I can push myself creatively to produce something i can feel was worthwhile, in this society. personal satisfaction, to me, is the easy part. thus keeping me from the life of a lemming. 

windows wide open, early summer breeze.
i feel something, and its making it hard to breath
the wind in my toes is apparent, barefoot in the 
grass as it blows. turned around looking in the moment last, i forgot i forget that this goes by fast. 

silver and gold, silver and gold
everyone wishes for silver and gold
how do you measure its worth?
just by the pleasure it gives her on earth. "


No comments:

Post a Comment