Sunday, June 14, 2009


I want to take an endless drive underneath that big Texas sky. I want to watch the sun set on the fences, feel the soft breeze coming off the water, hear the crickets late at night, lie on the upper deck and see the entire milky way unobstructed by signs of life. I want to hear the caleche rocks crunch under my worn out flip flops, throw rocks at rusty pans hung up on a wire fence, and feel the cultural vibes of San Antonio deep in my soul. Three years ago, however, i wanted nothing to do with these things. They disgusted me, repulsed me, and made me question why my parents would ever choose south Texas, of all places, to live. But now I understand. It's not just the scenery, it's not just the slow.pace of life, and it's not just the endless horizons. It's the southern hospitality, it's the friends who are there for you WHENEVER you call, and it's the promise of a man's word. It's the implicit TRUST that lies understood between even complete strangers, and it's the place where being nice isn't a crime"Sarah Digby. 

she speaks of feelings that ring true to me when i revisit these feelings i last had in new york. 

im sitting in brooklyn, feeling a little snakey, " Ciao Bella," he says as he shuts the door to leave for the airport.  oh and the imagination a new yorker can stir up.

I hear flavourful latin music rythmatically cradling the streets today. Puerto rican day in Brooklyn. 
a car pulls up bumpin some other shit. some real shit. some urban jungle boy beat with some truth and some passion. the perfect mixture for relevance, its hard to understand when your always walking in our shoes. step into  place like this, and you wear all the shoes because the only clue youve got to whats going on is by observing those around you. catching the flow, then finding smaller patterns. - and im back to the song, and the lyrics, 

"  Ay-yo I warned you, now all niggaz could do is mourn you
I'm born to kill and still thrilled, I put it on you
There's no regrets, remorse, only results and loneliness
Only the strong survivors strive through life as warriors
All of us die, some of us kill, even massacred
Who wanna try? Punisher will if you ask for it
I'm hazardous for your health and hell's your next stop
For real my shit's cocked the world has just stopped..."
- big pun 

im supposed to open up the wormhole this week. im in way over my head, and then you add unreliable people to the equation causing for a stressstorm warning this week. mm great.

No comments:

Post a Comment